The breading for these chicken tenders were made with grated parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper... and wait for it... crushed pork rinds!! It was also baked and not fried, which I was skeptical about... but because of the crunchy pork rinds it totally crisped up!
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 60g (2 cups) pork rinds/chiccarones
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp mayonaisse
- 1 tbsp Heinz reduced sugar ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 packet of splenda
- Smoked paprika
- Mix all ingredients until fully combined
- Crush the pork rinds up until they resemble the consistency of bread crumbs. (You may use a food processor to crush the pork rinds or alternatively place pork rinds in a ziplock bag and pound with a rolling pin/heavy skillet)
- Combine crushed pork rinds with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper, making sure they are mixed well.
- Place the mixture into a bowl, container, or dish big enough to accommodate your pieces of chicken.
- Beat the eggs into a separate container or dish big enough to accommodate your pieces of chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then into the pork rind mixture and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Continue until all of your chicken is coated.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked through, flipping once.