8 string cheeses, cut in half
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Parmesan cheese (the powdered kind)
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning (mixture
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt (to taste)
Rao's Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Mix Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and minced garlic in a medium bowl.
- Dip each string cheese into the egg mixture and then into the cheese mixture.
- Dip the string cheese in the egg mixture and roll it in the cheese crumbs again.
- Press the cheese crumbs into the cheese using your fingers.
- Place the coated string cheese into the freezer for one hour or overnight.
- Heat about half a cup of oil into a nonstick frying pan. (Make sure you're using a nonstick pan)
- Place 4-5 string cheese halves into the pan.
- Cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with marinara sauce