Happy National Peanut Butter Day! This is the third time I've made these. The first time it was really delicious, the second time I made them with almond butter instead of peanut butter... NOT as delicious! Hahaha! Since it's National Peanut Butter Day I thought I'd be festive and make these again. Just a word of caution for those doing the keto diet that these are not snacks. You're basically supposed to only eat one per day. You can do more research (Google is your friend) on what keto fat bombs are for and how they work into your diet. Another word of caution is that not all peanut butters are made equal. Many of the popular brands that we ate as children have quite a bit of sugar in them, so look for ones that are marketed towards the health-conscious and compare the sugar carb counts before picking one up. You can sweeten them later with your own sugar substitute of choice.
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp grass-fed butter
4 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli)
3-5 packets of Splenda or Stevia or sugar substitute of your choice (Taste your mixture before adding more sweetener)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tbsp cream cheese
Pinch of salt
1. Mix all ingredients together and place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Stir the mixture well and if not all ingredients are dissolved place it back in the microwave for another 15-20 seconds
3. Pour into ice cube molds or mini-cupcake molds
4. Freeze 30 minutes to an hour and remove from the tray molds
5. Refrigerate (Do not leave out in the counter as the coconut oil will eventually melt if not refrigerated)