20 chicken bone-in wings
Salt & pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
BUFFALO SAUCE INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup salted butter
1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
*Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping
1. Sprinkle the wings evenly with salt, pepper, cayenne powder and paprika.
2. Refrigerate seasoned chicken for at least 30 mins to an hour. This stage is optional if you’re impatient (or hungry). It would still taste pretty good without the refrigeration.
3. Deep fry chicken wings, 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes or until golden brown. Use a high-smoking point oil like peanut oil, canola oil or vegetable oil. Never use olive oil for frying!
4. While the chicken is frying, heat a saucepan and melt the butter, hot sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
5. When the first batch of chicken is done frying, place the cooked wings on a wire rack to cool. Don’t rest the cooked chicken wings on a paper towel because the heat will cause it to steam and one side of your chicken wings will be soggy.
TIP: To keep the first batch of chicken wings warm, place them in a 200-degree heated oven until the second batch is complete.
6. Once all chicken wings are done frying, place the first 10 wings in a large bowl and pour half of the buffalo sauce mixture. Toss the wings until all wings are coated. Repeat step with the remaining 10 wings.
7. Serve immediately with ranch or bleu cheese dressing.